Tuesday, January 19, 2010

lucy in the sky

In honor of today (the first beautiful, inversion-free day we've had in weeks!!) this post is about skies. (sidenote: never mind my serious issues/paranoia with the fact that it's 50 degrees outside and the measly snowpack is melting and it's only JANUARY!!) Yes, skies, not to be confused with skis, a commonly misspelled word. I was noticing in my iphoto that lately I've been really into taking lots of pretty sky pictures. Not sure what brought on this sudden trend of skyscapes, but here are a few:

This is in Pasadena, after the Rose Parade. 1/10

Near lovely (baah!!) Blythe, CA. 12/09
Also taken during the parade, the traditional fly-over of F-18's. (i have to give photo cred to Daile on this one- we were lucky enough to be sitting underneath a palm tree!)
Beautiful Mojave Desert sunset, 12/09

Palm Desert, CA. 12/09
Palm Springs windmills. 12/09
Palos Verdes Pennisula, CA. 1/09
I have no idea where this is, it was on my cellie. Please forgive the windshield.

Palm Desert with near-full moon. 12/09
Some where on I-15 near the Nevada/California border. 10/09 (again- please forgive the windshield and camera phone quality)
Outside Buy Low Market (if you're okay with not always buying local, shop here because it is THE CHEAPEST grocery store in Utah County. I drive all the way from AF to Provo just to shop there (Gala apples 4 lbs for a dollar?!!), but beware, if you go on produce Wednesdays, it is brutal trying to push a cart around). Walking out of the store one evening I tried to get my fellow shoppers (strangers) to appreciate this Utah Lake sunset, but they just thought I was a weirdo... Provo, UT. 1/10
Tri City Park, Placentia, Brea, Yorba Linda or Fullerton (are those the 3 cities they're talking about?), CA. 12/09

Let us hope for more beautiful skies, but also for some more cold snowy days!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously your photography is amazing! Love the pics, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sky photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Those pics make me miss the HOt Air Balloon Launch in January with my 3rd graders! We would make the balloons out of tissue paper and then launch them with this trash can heaters. It was amazing and freezing all at the same time! Those Utah days! PS Your sweating makes you unique. what would B be without it? Seriously

    ReplyDelete