Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Wrap-up

I thought about doing a holiday wrap-up rap, but then I realized how long it would take to rhyme all of these events, so here is a more straight-forward compilation of my Christmas break... it was a huge success because I got to see every member of my immediate family (not collectively, but spread out over 2 weeks) and so many other people whom I love!! With almost 3 full weeks of school off, a girl can do many things:

showing off some loot
Traditional Nielson Christmas morning stair shot

One thing I remembered while being home was how much meat Nielsons consume. Seriously, I come from a family of carnivores. My body was kind of shocked by the vast amounts of meat, and I'm glad to be back to a more omnivorous diet. This was, however, a delicious meat-lover's omelette made by Dad.
This is me and the Mom getting totally sloshed on Christmas Eve

And here we are after sobering up a bit
(she will probably kill me for posting these)
hanging out with my favorite beautiful, dark-haired, tall, babyless lefties @ Tri City Park
3rd best photo of the break:
Perhaps the highlight of the holidays was meeting this little guy for the first time, Vincent, my 3 month old nephew. His cuteness was further enhanced by his attire:


Mom and I snuck over to Phoenix for a very quick visit to see some of my favorite kids


We also got to see the world's largest Christmas tree @ Scott & Shellie's house
Probably the best photo taken all break. Emilie wanted a shot with our matching skinny jeans. Please note a) newborn on a trampoline and b) the serious (and embarrassing) difference in tightness/fit:

sleeping overnight on Colorado Blvd with Daile and the Greenman's so that we could....
...watch the Rose Parade from front row seats!!
Getting interviewed by the news for our prime set-up
Skyler pounding a bratwurst
2nd favorite photo of the break. Mom giggling like a little girl- due to bubbles

New Year's Day @ Dad's favorite breakfast spot on the old Redondo pier
The rest of New Year's Day consisted of exactly what I wanted: sitting on my butt eating delicious snacks and watching football.

A trip to California wouldn't be complete without a roller skating birthday party for my best friend's husband.
The trip wound down with a stopover in Vegas with Weegan, Brother, and Holland, complete with gourmet breakfast



Thanks to a very accurate scale at my mom's house, I know that I gained exactly 4.5 lbs over the break, which is only to be expected. All in all, a great trip, thanks family and friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Cool you got to go to the Rose Float Parade. I got to help build one of the floats a few years back and we too were going to sleep out, but it was the first time in 50 years is poured cats and dogs. Hope is was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that the family stairs pic took me back! Those stairs hold so many memories! Im not offended that once again I am left out of the pictures, however, due to your lack of photographing other yorba linda friends, my blog will have a little payback.....woooohhahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I loved seeing pics of everyone!

    ReplyDelete