Friday, December 11, 2009

An oxymoronic phrase for today: ice cream shake melts girl's cold heart


I think I am a pretty positive person by nature, but I'm going to be a bit of a Negative Nancy, just for a few more sentences.  I do not like Hogi Yogi/Teriyaki Stix (in case that wasn't clear by the thumbs down photo).  They are a fast food chain based out of Provo, and I think that they represent everything bad about Utah Valley enterprises.  On any given night (except Sunday!), you can go and find zit-faced kids serving bad, overpriced food with slow service and a poor demeanor.  It is always the last choice of eatery options in the Wilkinson Center food court (just ask any BYU alumni).  If you want me to go into greater detail, send me an email, I obviously have more to say. 

HOWEVER, once a year I have to eat my words and take my hat off to the Hogi Yogi corporation for bringing me this kind of bliss (see below).  Their yogi-nog shakes are a little slice of heaven right here on earth.  Although they are $4 for a small (!) and I waited over 13 minutes to get this one, it is worth them being open the other 11 months of the year when they don't offer this menu item.  Thank you yogi-nog for reminding me that I should more appropriately have the Christmas Spirit in my heart, not icy bitterness.

2 comments:

  1. perfectly written... I especially liked (except sumday!) and "this represents everything bad with utah valley enterprises"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hilarious. my new favorite blog. :)

    ReplyDelete