Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bye-bye JP


With all this talk of cold weather and such, one's mind tends to drift to warmer, more pleasant, summery places... i.e. river trips, baseball, beaches, etc. I was figuring that I have about four and half months until my summer starts, and even shorter until spring training begins! So, first things first, let's get a little update on everyone's favorite team (or at least the one that this blog supports).

Juan Pierre, the semi-beloved-socks-over-the-pants-wearing-left-fielding-base-stealer, has been traded to the White Sox. You would think that most Dodger fans would bid good riddance, considering that Pierre was arguably the most expensive bench-sitter in the leagues. I however, will miss him (and his speed) but am excited to see the two new acquisitions promised by Chicago. During the off season last year, we were the talk in all of baseball as this man's (see below) salary deal was highly contested. Things are a little more quiet during this off season but hopefully we will see some fantastic additions and get a couple quality starting pitchers. I will use this as an excuse to post some sweet shots from the playoffs this year. I had the chance to go to games 1 and 2 of the NLCS, but have yet to post any proof until now (2 months later).

Brother was visibly nervous to meet Manny.

before Game 1, I hiked up to the sign. I made The mom leave 4 hours early for this game

listening to a touching rendition of the National Anthem sung by Miley Cyrus' Dad. Yep. This performance was only to be overshadowed by the Backstreet Boys the following day for Game 2


the Game 2 crew. Andrew's buddy, Jake, drove something like 15 hours down from Portland to be there.

I tried to get us on National TV by making this sign

The mom, showing off some Game 1 booty.

"I Love L.A."

These towels are now proudly displayed in my kitchen, however they are not permitted for use on messy spills, solely for drying hands and other clean tasks.

paying $60 for a pavilion seat never seemed so right

3 comments:

  1. I want to make it to a game with you this season.

    Was it hot during that game? Andrew looks like he's drenched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhahahaha...yah, it must have been really hot.

    Call me!

    (the previous two comments are not related by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my bigger regrets in life is my t-shirt selection that day. It was so effing hot.

    ReplyDelete