Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goodbye Summer


Well, it only seems fitting that it should rain like crazy on the first day of fall. I'm extremely sad to see summer go; I've been out trying to savor every last bit of sunny warm weather that I can. It's a very interesting time to be outside right now; nature is caught in between seasons right now in a very cool way. I've been seeing hints of summer blending with fall everywhere I look. I love seeing wildflowers still in bloom while the leaves are changing. I have also noticed that despite my fancy schmancy conservation degree from BYU, I know next to nothing about plants. Geez! I've seriously forgotten so much from those dreaded botany and plant ID days.

some aster with mountain maple??
Serviceberry maybe?

Oregon grape color contrast (i'm pretty confident about this one)

Kristinacus nielsonion @ Silver Lake Flat up AF canyon

My Sunday afternoon hiking partner!

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! you posted again on your freaking blog. But don't worry all is forgiven since you changed your picture to this - full of miserably happy memory filled picture. LOVE it!! I'm going to call you tomorrow to finish our most needed conversation that we can only have in splurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I would love to go play with you up AF canyon. My little Emma Jane loves to hike, so she would love to tag along. WE really need to get together. I am so excited to see you and have you meet the bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, reason why I remembered to check your blog. I thought of you at the gym this morn. I saw a Fat Daniel lookalike. I know you might be thinking that that would mean he was a Daniel look alike. BUt actually he just reminded me of Fat Daniel. And I laughed out loud. Good times. Wasn't that at the Harry Potter night at Borders?

    ReplyDelete