Sunday, February 7, 2010

red shoes, not red sox.



I have a strange obsession with Minneapolis/St. Paul. My entire life (or at least the past 3 years) I've had a burning desire to visit the Twin Cities in order to do the following:

1) Attend a live taping of my absolute favorite program, "A Prairie Home Companion," starring Garrison Keillor. It is performed weekly at the Fitzgerald Theatre in St. Paul.

2) Go to a Minnesota Twins game. The purpose of this would be two fold as my quest to visit every Major League Ballpark would be that much closer to completion and also because the Twins are arguably my favorite AL team (RIP O-Dog, good riddance Thome).

3) Visit my favorite Nelsons (that's NELSONS not NIELSONS).

Last week, one third of this goal was (partially) realized when I viewed a special live broadcast of "Prairie Home" shown in select theaters, nationwide. I sat alone in bliss watching and listening to GK and the crew up on the big screen. I'm pretty sure I was the only attendee under the age of 55, but I can assure you that it was the perfect end to an otherwise hellish week of school. Some may feel that the price was a little steep, but hey, we were supporting public radio and after all, it may be the closest I get to St. Paul for a while. Twenty-two dollars well spent.

4 comments:

  1. I saw your plea for company to the show- I would have joined you had I not new born in tote... Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally would have gone to that

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET OVER HERE AND SEE US! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $22. that must have REALLY meant something to you. Because $22 is ALOT to me, but to B its even more.

    ReplyDelete