Monday, February 28, 2011

KN, RN

Trading in powder days and white water for a retirement fund and health benefits...

Well folks, this girl is all grown up. I got me a real "adult" job, working the night shift on a cardiac floor at a big hospital here in Utah. It's crazy hard and quite a change from the pace I've been cruising at the last couple of years, but it feels good to get worked over every now and then, don't it? The learning curve is STEEP and I'm learning more than I ever thought possible; it's different and great at the same time. I took my nursing boards last week and passed (huge sigh of relief), so I guess I'm the real deal now. I know this doesn't signify the absolute end of adventuring, but it does drastically slow some things down for a bit (i.e. no guiding this summer). It'll be fun to see how the pieces fall and what this new life brings!

8 comments:

  1. wow, B. Seriously cool. You would be the most refreshing nurse ever! Can we send in requests when we go to the hospital? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, now I can bug you with all of my health issues :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. growing up sucks. but if anyone can do THAT adventure - its you. Congrats Kristina. I seriously am so proud, like your my sister...or something. Okay, signing off now. lata'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job! I would love to see you in your nurse's uniform. For some reason, I can only picture you as the one nurse uniform you dressed up in at halloween a long time ago. That is awesome. The night shift...eek! I'll be doing the night shift in a couple months with the new wee one. I'll have to text you when I'm up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture of you. Nice work B. You're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, kristina...congrats! i'm way proud of you!! you amaze me all the time :) p.s. i wish we lived near each other cause i like you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh B! It was so good to see you in Utah. Hope we get to meet up again sometime soon.!

    ReplyDelete