Friday, April 9, 2010

Eat-ster


I am now down to only 5 eggs; each time I crack one open it gets
harder and harder to decide which beauty should be destroyed next.
It breaks my heart to see the colorful art eliminated one by one :(

This past Easter Sunday was a perfect day. Reflecting on things of weightier consequences, Conference, feasting, friends, family, conversation, beauty, etc. And, WOW: I had forgotten how much intensive eating was involved with Easter. I put its holiday-induced emphasis on meals third in line after only Thanksgiving and Christmas. What a perfect day. My friend got tickets to the Sunday morning sesh at the Conference Center (thanks Hayley!), and we had "great seats" on the floor (don't you love how people always brag about their General Conference seats, as if it were a Bon Jovi concert or something??). That was followed by not one but TWO incredible Feasters mooched off of two great families (thanks Emily & Richs/Thaynes!). Earlier that weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend yet another Easter party, complete with dying my own personal carton of eggs (thanks Runolfsons!).

My main goal for the day was to be photographed for the
May issue of the Ensign. Try as I might, all I could
muster was this mock-shot. Next year I will wear something
that makes me look more like a sister missionary; cowboy
boots aren't really church publication-material.

Switching to homemaker mode: if you're not sure what to do with those semi-gross hollow chocolate easter bunnies (does anyone actually enjoy eating them??), take my advice and put them to good use: Strawberries were on sale for 97 cents, so we melted down our poor crushed bunnies and made something far more delicious:

Yes, your math skills prove you right. I couldn't wait to to
take a picture before eating 4 of the strawberries.

5 comments:

  1. just fyi, Matt really enjoys those chocolate easter rabbits, but I am sure he would like the chocolate covered strawberries much better. Glad you had a fun easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's in Europe, Dad's in the Carribean on a cruise. When did they become such jet-setters?

    PS - Sister missionaries at Temple Square always depressed me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Those Easter bunnies are completely useless, and I can't eat a strawberry without thinking it should be dipped in chocolate. Sadly, I am not exaggerating. By the way, you have until the end of the day tomorrow to comment on my blog, or I will be posting some glorious shots of you know who!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally have the Ensign issue look there. Sorry you didn't make it in. Perhaps they caught a candid shot you hadn't noticed. And you sound just like Diego. After we dyed eggs, he would pick which one of his "monsters" he wanted to eat. And he ate ALL of them! He is definitely his father's son. Glad you had a good Easter. Are you ever coming to YL again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is also on my bucket-list. I have been trying for an ensign shot for years!! I get that magazine the day it comes out and flip the pages looking for myself.

    ReplyDelete