Sunday, April 25, 2010

Camera Obscura

No, I don't have too much time on my hands, but I am at a loss for bloggable info, so instead, I'm going to do what I do best: take something seemingly mundane, and transform it into an incredibly fascinating read, based solely on my cleverness and humor. Todays' topic: my broken camera. Apparently my little 3.2 megapixel Canon has come to the end of its road. One too many accidental baptisms in the Colorado River, far too many drops onto sandstone/granite/concrete, infinite grains of dirt/sand trapped in the innards of the zooming gears, near-theft from Guatemalan hooligans, and lots of precarious balancing on tree branches in order to obtain awesome self portraits have finally deemed it not functional. I desperately want this new one but alas, I will have to wait for my first big paycheck. I began having troubles a few months back and was able to pinpoint the issues to these five:

Issue #1: Unintentional sepia tone. Yes, although it's nice to play around with fun color schemes and developments, it is not fun when you were merely trying to take a simple best friends portrait, such as this one of the Mom, and "Crazy Analisa." Wow, these two are inseparable!


Issue #2: 1992 TV view. While I was trying to photo-document my first (and greatly anticipated) visit to Mad Greek Restaurant in lovely Baker, CA, I came across this issue. Apparently, the shot is skewed to appear as if it were being broadcast on a television in the early 90's.

Issue #3: the all-too-common line through the middle.

Issue #4: Anime feature. Yes, you too can achieve the cool look of Japanese cartoon animation. This is my personal fave: Anime Camille eating popcorn in Maple Canyon.

Issue #5: Creepy white spots. Wasn't there some awful recent horror movie that showcased ghosts being captured in photos?? Anyways, here I am getting spooked at the Getty Villa Museum in October.

7 comments:

  1. those are unfortunate glitches. Get the Olympus water-proof shock-proof camera. We had one but it got left on a tuk-tuk. That camera was seriously amazing. PS- your Earth day picture of Sundance was better than anything I posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst photograph is better than NO photograph.

    By the way, is that Anderson's Little Mermaid by the reflecting pool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry I was just eating Peanut Butter with a spoon (after having dipped/and eaten a whole apple in peanut butter) and was thinking of you. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. But not as much as I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been a week...I was hoping to read a new blog tonight about your hair or something *sigh* maybe after I get back from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. you suck at blogging now that you're in moab. come on, kristina. this is getting really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belina! I think you are doing the right thing. Focus on the people who are right in front of you today, and leave the virtual world to its own devices for now. It's the polite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete