Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving photo feast

Warning: there are a million pictures here of my family; you may not love them as much as me, and therefore don't care to look at all of them. I, however, think they are the greatest people in the world and had a fantastic Thanksgiving with them at Scott and Shellie's house in AZ. It was a bit tumultuous getting down there; it involved an epic 16+ hour car ride complete with a broken down minivan, driving through blizzards, and seven people in very close quarters. Even though the trip had the makings of a bad holiday movie starring some B-list actor, it turned out great and made me realize how grateful I am for all of these people (and many more people not pictured who weren't there :)

The frenzy; everyone trying to get their share of deliciousness.

The kids table


After dinner game extravaganza

B & V, making a business call

Cute girls


Hostess extraordinaire checking our rolls (I ate six)

Jacob, schooling everyone in the cup game

The two who got me there; Thanks Matt and Tristan for taking on a fifth child for the weekend!

Our day-after "digestion" hike to South Mtn.


I never tire of taking pretty lichen pictures

The marvelous hosts, thanks again guys!

Hear no, speak no, see no evil

70 degrees F is a far cry from the frigid temps we left in SLC!

And last but not least... here is a video from Emilie, I especially love the cameo appearance at the end. You never know what you're gonna get when you give your camera to a 8 year old for an hour:

5 comments:

  1. That was a surprisingly positive post about Thanksgiving. I guess a couple of days out you have forgotten all the negatives. I am so lucky to have such a great sister-in-law who can laugh at all our follies. Thanks for coming with us. We hope you will joins us for another road trip, but understand completely if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved it all. You forgot to mention yesterday how epoch your drive really was. By the way I need to talk to you about this weekend.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds awesome! It was great to see all those pics! I think Monte reminds me of Danny, and Scott is looking more and more like Mr. Lion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl...what's this you come to AZ and don't even call me. Where's the love mate? So, where in AZ does your brother Scott live? I live in East Mesa. Tell him I said hi. And girl..when are you getting married? Looks who's talking!!!

    ReplyDelete