Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cory + Kristina = LOVE


Only important cars get special photo shoots every year on their anniversary/birthday



In light of recent events, I wish to uphold the good name of Toyota by telling you all about a very special vehicle...

I wouldn't consider myself a particularly trendy person, but I'm definitely not afraid to jump on a good bandwagon (i.e. Harry Potter, sushi, crocheted flower headbands, etc.). Toyota Corollas are the world's best selling car (fact-checked and yes), and 84% of Mormons own one (I might have made up that second statistic), but these band-wagon-esque traits didn't hinder my decision to buy one five and half years ago. Cory the Corolla and I have traveled tens of thousands of miles, to the lowest point in the US highway system (242 feet below Sea Level) and up to 11,000 feet above, the highest point among the interstate system. He has been my most consistent travel companion as we've logged dozens of road trips, often with a Diet Dr. Pepper snugged into one of his many cup holders. He's braved temperatures from -25 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Although Cory is a mere 2WD vehicle, with his special snow tires he has charged through countless (seriously) blizzards and sketchy snow conditions ascending and descending various canyons. He has also defied logic as he's been off-roading (more than many Jeeps) on rock-strewn dirt roads that other Corollas wouldn't dare drive down. He has visited 13 national parks and housed many kisses and DTR's with numerous old flames, all without showing any jealous. Serving as a safe-haven, he has provided some badly needed square footage of solitude when I need to get out of the house and feel alone. He has held all of my earthly possessions and been my moving aide as I've changed residences nearly a dozen times. He has put up with a terrible owner who leaves melting-snow-soaked-skis in for months, resulting in a constant musty smell from December-March. He even survived a near death experience; one that I and my family were sure he would not recover from, seeing as he was nearly totaled due to my careless driving. He has been licensed in two states and can obtain over 40 MPG on a good day.

In the last few months, Cory and I have reached two milestones: a finally paid off auto loan (!) and the 100K mark.

Here's to another 100,000 miles!

Toyota is a good company. Don't believe the hype.

dang, he looks good there.

any ex-homegirls recognize this driveway?

one of our low points.

6 comments:

  1. You're so tan! And I had no idea that was your cars name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my toyota corolla can beat up your toyota corolla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO tan, I agree with Elise. but that wasn't what I was going to say.... more like, I thought it was an engagment...haha So toyota, I don't believe all the hype, but was surprised about the prius this morning in Cali, hear about that? weird. anyway,you and your prius are both very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry gals, this photo was taken during the summer, i'm very pasty white at the moment, but give me a few months and i'll be back up to par...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naming and cherishing a car is a very important part of being a true owner. I have no bias toward toyota one way or another, but I must say, the passion you display would lead anyone to purchase a Toyota. Herby (slash that) Cory the Toyota movies should be made. B and Cory commercials should be on the air. Contacting Toyota to fund this PDA may be in order. You are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that driveway!!! The cinderblock garage behind it is what gives it away. I also remember when you made the huge decision to purchase cory & first brought dear cory to p-town. you were one PROUD mama! :)

    ReplyDelete